Thinking of opening a dollar store or want to explode your existing dollar store profits? Then this is for you...
"Revealed...The Truth Of How This Mom And
Pop Dollar Store Went
From Zero To $959,324.81 In Just 33 Months!"
"Be Ready To Have Your Whole View Of Dollar Stores
Changed For Ever - This Really Is Powerful Stuff!"
Bob was interviewed for an article by the NY Times. If you would like to read this article, you can view it here.
Clean, bright, fully stocked with the right dollar store merchandise!
...HERE'S THE ROADMAP THAT SHOWS YOU THE WAY TO SUCCESS
Bob, you are an expert in the dollar discount business. I watched you build your business from the ground up. I see you've taken your winning formula and created this tool kit.
Wise, practical, and easy to understand and use---what else could you want? This is an excellent product set. You've covered not only the steps required to get a new store started, but also the steps to continued business success.
The road to success in the dollar discount business is in knowing the steps to take and when to take those steps. Well, here's the roadmap that shows you the way to success.
The principles you present in this package could easily be adapted to any type of retail business. I know, as I have used them very successfully in my higher-priced, deep discount store. Thank you. You have been a huge help to the growth and success of my business.
Thanks Bob! I learned a lot.
D. (Bud) Simpson - Owner Bargain Depot
From the desk of Bob Hamilton
My name is Bob Hamilton and I know exactly what you're going through with your dollar store dream, because I've already gone through it, too. I created a dollar store from the ground up with no previous experience. Yet, within less than three years of starting, my store was generating annual sales close to one million dollars.
So I know full well, how it seems like you're standing at the base of a massive mountain range and you know you're going to have to climb that forbidding mountain before you can get to your dream on the other side. Then there's the awful dilemma of deciding whether you should really leave the comfort zone of a regular paycheck to finally follow your dream of financial freedom and independence, before it's too late. And then ...
... when you've finally taken the plunge and the honeymoon is over, there's an avalanche of problems threatening to bury you... everything from deciding how to improve and increase your inventory to keeping a lid on ever spiraling costs.
You see, running any business isn't a walk in the park, no matter how experienced you are. But it's ten times worse when you start out, because of all the learning curves you have to go through -- and you'd better master those skills pretty darn quick, or your business will suffer badly!
Then it begins to dawn on you... perhaps your old boss wasn't so stupid after all.
The trouble is, unless you're very careful, starting out, you can easily fall prey to every expert, or pseudo-expert, around, so you end up believing no one. Some people have an obvious agenda, perhaps they really want to supply your store, so won't be giving you unbiased advice about other suppliers. And others really know so little about the business - taking their advice would be like taking singing lessons from a frog.
Then there are the high-priced consultants! True, not all consultants are bad, in fact we eventually did find a good one (and, boy, did we pick his brains!) Maybe we were just plain lucky because, as a general rule, you have to be very wary before parting with the big bucks to consultants.
If any of that sounds familiar to you, it's because I've already trodden the same lonely road to dollar store success.
Actually, it wasn't all that lonely, because I had two of the best partners a man could have right along side me, every step of the way: my wife, Jean, and my daughter, Jenny. Between us, we devoured every book and magazine we could find on the dollar store business and I personally interviewed successful dollar store owners all over the USA and Canada.
All that research armed us well for the white-knuckle, roller-coaster ride of actually launching our own store.
Thankfully, we came out the other side with a thriving store that clocked up sales of $556,895.55 in just the first nine months of operation. And, in the second full year, annual sales of $959,324.81 were achieved.
In fact, so successful did we become, other store owners gradually got to hear of our success and started to ask what our secret was!
Now this presented us with a bit of a dilemma...
Of course we wanted to help these guys who were struggling. But, heck... they were also our competitors! But, on the other hand ...
... it made us realize there was a massive thirst for good, trustworthy, practical information from someone who had actually been at the sharp end of the dollar store business and actually managed to find the gold.
So, Jenny and I decided if we sold our thriving "million dollar" store, we would no longer have to be guarded about what we revealed to our competitors. In fact, we could produce a really comprehensive, no-holds-barred, step-by-step master blueprint for dollar store success to lead other dollar store owners and would-be dollar store owners directly to the same success and satisfaction we had found.
So we sold our thriving store for a very handsome profit -- just like you'll be able to do, later. Then another thought struck us...
We originally had the idea (once we'd taken a well deserved holiday on some of the sale proceeds) of getting an office in downtown Portland and setting up a dollar store consultancy with a difference, because our USP would be "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth". We did a few consultations when Jenny had an even better idea...
Instead of one to one personal consultations for people in our immediate area of Oregon or just people willing to travel to meet us, we could put down every bit of useful knowledge and every handy tip we had gleaned over these long months of hard work, tears and finally joy in book form, so that the good folks in every state of the Union (and Canada) could profit from it.
So let me take you by the hand and lead you past the smoking ruins of other dollar stores, that barely got off the launch pad and past all those tired looking outfits that just "get by" and on up to the bright penthouse lifestyle that sales approaching one million dollars can give you. It's a quick and easy trip when you have a time-served, experienced guide like me to help you.
So that's what we've done and here's the result...
Available through Amazon for your Kindle or a Kindle reader program.
Here's just a tiny taste of what you are about to experience...
Updated for 2013
- The best way to advertise your store. (This method pulls in hundreds of new customers, yet need not cost you a single penny!).
- How to choose your perfect employee. (Taking care over this will repay you BIG TIME).
- The "Golden Arches" method of increasing profits, you can use too. (You'll be amazed how practicing this simple habit regularly will explode your bottom line).
- The key decision you need to make about your store. (Get this wrong and it could cost you thousands!).
- Building your own "A Team". (These guys will pay for themselves again and again).
- The one vital expense you should be happy to pay. (Don't be tempted to neglect this because it can transform your business).
- The one vital clause you might never think about, but which you MUST try to include in your lease. (This could protect you from a launch-pad disaster).
- Creating a checklist of priorities. (Professional pilots never take off without an extensive pre-flight checklist - and nor should you).
- Keeping a tight rein on your start up costs. (Make sure unexpected expenses don't hit you unexpectedly, like an express train on a dark night).
- The three major costs. (Keeping on top of these is absolutely vital).
- The balancing act of correct labor costs. (This is the vital key to a profitable business)
- Ten traps to avoid. (Use our experience to neatly side-step the ten serious mistakes we nearly made).
- The customer is always right. (Find out what they really want by taking a peek at our Customer Feedback Logs).
- The Dollar Store Success Interviews. (Our rapid rise to profit was due to our diligent research. We interviewed successful owners of stores all over USA and Canada. Now you can discover the secrets they revealed).
- The brutal truth about marketing. (Even the "experts" got this wrong ... yet we still managed to pluck victory from disaster).
- 18 reasons to sell more. (How to keep the buzz alive).
- Ready To Use Checklists. (Turn your store into a well-oiled machine quickly and easily with our battle-tested checklists you simply print out and use).
- The vital secrets of merchandising and display. (These dark arts can make or break your business).
- The vital key to making money from expensive stock. (This works like gangbusters for high cost items like household cleaners).
- End caps and how to maximize sales with them. (We had 40 end caps and here's what we did to maximize returns).
- The most profitable square footage in the store. (Concentrating on impulse sales here pays massive dividends)
Here is a recent testimonial from a happy new store owner:
"We opened 40 days after we received our keys and I don’t think that could have happened had not Bob provided his services.."
I am a new dollar store owner but not new to entrepreneurship. I had to study the dollar store industry to ensure I had the right knowledge, location and supply chain to be successful. Upon my research I read several publications written by Bob. I found his articles to be very straight forward and provided free insightful information where you didn’t get a sense of a hidden agenda.
Unlike most articles I read it didn’t promise immediate riches. This was unlike what I experienced when discussing my new dollar store venture with other consulting agencies. This led me to go to his website, followed by me purchasing his books. I read through them and I was very impressed. He validated things I already knew and then supplied me with lots of information I didn’t. The books gave me good matrixes to follow, tools he used when he owned a dollar store and unbelievable resources. This intrigued me to email him because I had a questions and within the day he responded with a very detailed answers.
At that point I know I wanted to purchase consulting services from him. Now you may say to yourself that was his point all along. I am sure that is true but, he provided answers to my questions with or without me purchases these services. I got a sense from the reading, his timely responses and detail explanation to my questions that he had a real passion for the industry. My initial thoughts turned out to be true; during our consultant sessions you would have thought we were business partners. Bob will let you know if your question was outside his scope, if he needed to do research or will fire off an answer because he knew it.
There were several weeks I had left to prepare for my opening. He made sure I covered all the bases, including sending me suppliers who had great deals, he didn’t receive kickbacks from these suppliers. I didn’t feel pressured at any time to use anyone he suggested. He provided facts and I then made a decision. Everything you could think of happened before we had a grand opening. Bob would insert himself in matters by contacting suppliers to ensure my merchandise arrived on time. He stood by his recommendations! He had a sense of urgency that I really appreciated. He made me a priority by responding to my email during his meetings, as he has other businesses. He provided me with other telephone numbers so that I could call him with real time questions. He adjusted our meeting to his disadvantage and to my advantage so I didn’t lose the consulting time. I was so busy trying to handle last minute business matters that I at times wasn’t prepared for a productive meeting the entire time we had scheduled our meetings for. When we had our grand opening Bob wanted pictures and after the fact still offered a hand in help.
I provided these details because I value businesses that operate with integrity and truly this experience helped my business. We opened 40 days after we received our keys and I don’t think that could have happened had not Bob provided his services. I strongly recommend any dollar store business new or existing to leverage his pervasive industry knowledge.
Bob genuinely cared about my business and I will always be grateful.
Founder of Quality Dollar Store
Let me read your mind ...
I guess you're thinking, "Hey, Bob, this looks like you've done a really thorough job here, so I guess this costs a packet, huh?"
Certainly both Jenny and I have gone to a great deal of trouble to put down everything of value we picked up in our early, stressful, experience-rich days, but there's a big cost saving for you here, which I'll get to in just a moment. But first let me put your mind at rest about something else...
... because I guess there's something else on your mind, even more pressing, isn't there? And it's this: because you're also wondering that it obviously worked for Jenny and Bob, but how do you know it will work for you? That's easy to answer.
Give the Tool Kit a thorough test drive. Check out what we tell you and see if it isn't right on the money. Remember, we went from zero to annual sales of close on one million dollars in sales in the space of just 33 months - start to finish! So, we know we are giving it to you straight (unlike a lot of other rogues we met, when we were in the same position you are now).
It means you're effectively getting to try everything for free.
And I insist that if you don't feel we've given you the really best information you can possibly lay your hands on -- at any price -- you must immediately ask for a full and friendly refund. Okay?
You see, I'm happy to take all the risk off your shoulders and put it on mine, because I know what I am telling you really does work like gangbusters -- as you'll soon discover.
And if you think that's really good news... you ain't seen nothing yet.
Remember I told you we originally started off helping other store owners and would-be store owners with bits of advice and then we gradually began to do more and more consultant work? Well once we had cashed in our store for a very handsome profit (just like you can too someday if you want), we did start to offer formal consulting to a few selected folks living in the immediate Pacific Northwest area. And I have to tell you, those guys were very happy with our advice. But then Jenny had the great idea of making the information in book form to reach far more people.
So, because of that, you get the biggest bargain of your life. Because instead of your having to take time off work, book a hotel up here and get on a plane (not to mention giving your credit card a whack for five grand) you can get everything you'd get from me if we were sitting right there, face to face, PLUS you get these added advantages too ...
- No need to miss half of what I say because you are furiously scribbling notes you haven't got a prayer of deciphering later, anyway.
- No need to get dressed up on my account, because this information works just as well if you are reading it sitting in your pajamas, a cold drink at your elbow.
- You can re-read anything you want, as many times as you want, all in the comfort of your favorite couch. Stop at any time and come back to it later.
YOUR CLEAR, CONCISE FORMULA IS AMAZING
I was amazed at how precisely you have documented each and every critical step that is required to open and operate a successful dollar retail business! Your clear, concise formula is amazing.
W-O-W Bob, you've really over-delivered this time. For those of us who are in the dollar business, all I can say is THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU! Those who are about to open a store will say the same thing when they find how easy it is to achieve success by applying this tool kit.
And there's more...
When we were doing the dollar store consulting, I wrote some guides to give to clients as they left to supplement what they learned.
"Operation Moneysuck - Slashing Your Costs To The Bone And Exploding Your Profits"
Every CEO worth their salt knows the fastest and most effective way to boost profits is to cut costs.
So here are my hard-won, practical secrets you can use right away to slice through your costs, like a hot knife through butter.
- The right way to purchase your merchandise.
- Creative tips and dirty tricks to buying right.
- How a tiny cost cut adds up to thousands.
- Crush your unit cost - the street-smart way to scoop up quantity discounts.
- Where to wield your cost cutting knife to best effect.
- The art and science of stamping down on freight costs - despite sky high gas costs.
- How to fill your store with merchandise - for less than wholesale.
- How to slash costs with a buy and go business.
- The art and skill of minimizing inventory costs while maximizing sales.
- How to become a wizard at sourcing merchandise.
"Bob's Insider Guide To Homing In Like A Cruise Missile On Your Sales Targets"
This blueprint to successful dollar store ownership is crammed with no less than 40 insightful tips to rocket your sales, while hammering down on your costs and exploding your profits.
Here's just a tiny taster of what you get ...
- How to be certain you carry the right products. Tip #1.
- Million dollar customer retention. Tip #2.
- Little things make a big difference. Tip #5.
- How to make customers come back - often. Tip #7.
- The sure fire way to increased sale volumes. Tip #11.
- Million dollar diversification. Tip #12.
- Lighting a fire under your employees. Tip #16.
- Managing your suppliers for more profits.Tip #20.
- The secrets of increasing average sale size. Tip #27.
- The four key relationships for success. Tip #29
- Where success is a mystery. Tip #30.
- How to keep your finger firmly on the pulse of business. Tip #33.
- How to avoid losing customers fast. Tip #35.
- How to start a buying frenzy! Tip #37.
- How to deal with slow moving and excess inventory. Tip #39.
- Welcome to the 21st Century! Tip #40.
"How To Maximize The Benefits Of Trade Shows To Advance Your Business"
Attending and getting great value from trade shows should be an integral part of your business plan. So here's how to get the maximum mileage from each event!
- Quick and easy networking.
- Locking into current trends.
- How to slash merchandise costs.
- Perfect preparation for perfect results.
- Your trade show itinerary.
Coming soon on Kindle!
I can tell you from personal experience there are few projects as satisfying as seeing your dollar store thriving -- as you'll soon discover for yourself.
I'm really looking forward to adding your success story to the many others we already have.
Here's to your overwhelming dollar store success,
Dollar Store Success Consultant
FINALLY A TOOL KIT HAS BEEN WRITTEN TO SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS OF OWNING AND OPERATING YOUR OWN DOLLAR STORE
Finally a Tool Kit has been written to simplify the process of owning and operating your own dollar store. In the process saving those with the entrepreneur spirit hundreds if not thousands of dollars from the pitfalls and mistakes many others have made.
The ebook will answer the three basic questions of: who, what and where. I highly recommend this tool kit to anyone who has the desire to own their own business, who is willing to dedicate the time to learn and understand the business that exists before them and who has the true entrepreneur spirit to succeed.
Sidney Nicholes, President
Gifts America, Inc.
EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT THIS PRODUCT AND IT'S POTENTIAL. EVEN THOUGH THIS INDUSTRY IS ONE OF THE FEW WHERE ONE CAN WRITE THEIR OWN CHECK IN TERMS OF EARNINGS, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE TECHNIQUES AND IDEAS IN THESE MATERIALS. EXAMPLES IN THESE MATERIALS ARE NOT TO BE INTERPRETED AS A PROMISE OR GUARANTEE OF EARNINGS. EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON THE PERSON USING OUR PRODUCT, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES. WE DO NOT PURPORT THIS AS A "GET RICH SCHEME."
"YOUR LEVEL OF SUCCESS IN ATTAINING THE RESULTS CLAIMED IN OUR MATERIALS DEPENDS ON THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES MENTIONED, YOUR FINANCES, KNOWLEDGE AND VARIOUS SKILLS. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER ACCORDING TO INDIVIDUALS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF YOUR ACTIONS.
MATERIALS IN OUR PRODUCT AND OUR WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT INCLUDES OR IS BASED UPON FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS WITHIN THE MEANING OF THE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995. FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS GIVE OUR EXPECTATIONS OR FORECASTS OF FUTURE EVENTS. YOU CAN IDENTIFY THESE STATEMENTS BY THE FACT THAT THEY DO NOT RELATE STRICTLY TO HISTORICAL OR CURRENT FACTS. THEY USE WORDS SUCH AS “ANTICIPATE,” “ESTIMATE,” “EXPECT,” “PROJECT,” “INTEND,” “PLAN,” “BELIEVE,” AND OTHER WORDS AND TERMS OF SIMILAR MEANING IN CONNECTION WITH A DESCRIPTION OF POTENTIAL EARNINGS OR FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE.
ANY AND ALL FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS HERE OR ON ANY OF OUR SALES MATERIAL ARE INTENDED TO EXPRESS OUR OPINION OF EARNINGS POTENTIAL. MANY FACTORS WILL BE IMPORTANT IN DETERMINING YOUR ACTUAL RESULTS AND NO GUARANTEES ARE MADE THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE RESULTS SIMILAR TO OURS OR ANYBODY ELSE'S, IN FACT NO GUARANTEES ARE MADE THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE ANY RESULTS FROM THE SOFTWARE, OUR IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES IN THIS MATERIAL.
Material Connection Disclosure
The Federal Trade Commission requires that I disclose any relationship I have with a product manufacturer, supplier or service provider when I write about a product or service provider when I write about a product or service they provide You should assume that I have an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the providers of goods and services mentioned in this eBook and that I may be compensated when you purchase from a provider I recommend you should always perform due diligence before buying goods or services from anyone whether it is via the Internet or it is offline.
We do not track results of all who interact with Bob